[Loadstone] No 'talking map'.

monty at loadstone-gps.com monty at loadstone-gps.com
Mon Sep 21 23:47:50 BST 2009

Hi Steve and all other point checkers,

I don't mean the following in a sarcastic way at all but I'm truly
interested...

As someone who has used Loadstone since V0.1 and thought about it in
theory prior to that, can someone please tell me why they would want a
database filled with checkpoints?  What benifit does this harness?

A checkpoint or lockpoint is meant to signify when you've basically
reached your destination or some sort of milestone.  How many of these
could one possibly need or want?

Pressing the navigation key in Navigation mode is free and tells you on
demand where you are in relation to a point and usually works quite well -
in my mind eliminating any need to get bogged down with checkpoints.

Of course this is not even taking into account the acttual memory
limitations already discussed!

Thanks in advance...

Monty