[Loadstone] Would be willing to pay someone via PayPal for some Loadstone/Open Street Map assistance

Rob Melchers rob at loadstone-gps.com
Thu Sep 17 03:58:04 BST 2009

On the Geocoder page you can read:
The GeoCoder retrieves the latitude and longitude for the address you enter
below. It also generates a direct download link for the OpenStreetMap XAPI
for the area specified.
• Enter the lenght of one side of a square box in KM.
The last text field of the form is called:
Lenght of side of box in KM
and is pre-defined as 2.5, meaning a map of 2.5 by 2.5 KM.
You can change this value before submitting the form, it accepts values up
to 99 KM.

Please remember, that OSM XML data contains much more information than
needed to generate an LS database. To create a map of 2.5 by 2.5 KM the
needed OSM file is likely to be 2 MB in size. The on-line tools can handle
up to 2 MB, for bigger files you'll need to download the off-line tools.

Rob