[Loadstone] Getting street map files and GPS recievers

Saqib Saqib500 at btinternet.com
Sun Sep 13 09:44:54 BST 2009

Hi Steve I got the data from tools and resourses. I then clicked on the Open
the Geocoder which opened up a new page where I was asked to enter my
address details. After submitting the info, the results of my search are
displayed. This means that all the points and crossings  are displayed for
that postcode. It will normally cover the first 3 letters of your postcode
which is usually a certain area of a town. You then download the data and go
back in to the tools and resources area of the LS website and select the
link which is called Open the street map converter. At this point you upload
the file which was downloaded from the geocoder page and select your
preferences such as the type of points you want included such as addresses
as POIs or just POIs. These will be added to the local crossings and
intersections. Hit the convert button and wait for a few seconds and a
dialog box will pop up to ask you if you want to save the converted data.
Save the data and then retreive it from your computer and transfer it to
your import   and export folder of the LS folder on your phone. When you
fire up LS on your phone then you must go in to database and then import the
new data from that folder. I hope this makes sense as It took me a while to
get my head around it all.