[Loadstone] loadstone and symbian OS

Jerry Matheny starnoble at gmail.com
Fri Sep 11 23:13:08 BST 2009

Ok, several things. Symbian Signed isn't the only way to sign apps on
Symbian. And I do not think $600 to $800 for getting an unlocked iPhone is a
justifiable cost. To say it comes with a screen reader is all well and good,
but believe me, you spend enough for it that you would have bought the
screen reader for Symbian several times over for the same price. And, if you
get the iPhone for the $299 value from AT&T with a contract, you end up
paying the full price of the phone by the time your contract is up anyway.
And, last I checked, the iPhone doesn't work with Bluetooth keyboards. Even
if it did, as you can only connect one Bluetooth device to it, then you
wouldn't be able to use a Bluetooth gps. Oh, and one more thing. I've
listened to people texting on the iPhone, and it is not faster than texting
with a number pad. So no, I do not think Symbian is a lost cause. It allows
you to connect up to five devices simaltaniously, it is very stable, and you
can get what you want to do quicly and efficiently.