[Loadstone] loadstone and symbian OS

Stephen Giggar sgiggar at sbcglobal.net
Fri Sep 11 21:24:08 BST 2009

Well lets see! You said the IPhone cost $300. That is only if you buy it
under a two or three year contract. The IPhone with no contract will cost
you $600 abouts. So there is no price difference between a good Symbian
phone and the IPhone. As far as that goes! If you already own a screen
reader for a Symbian phone! The IPhone would end up costing you $250 more at
least if you buy it with no contract. Using your example. $250 for a new
Symbian phone with no contract and $100 for the transfer of the screen
reader to it. Total $350 with no Contract. For the IPhone $600 with no
contract.

Next not everyone is jumping on the IPhone ride. From watching the
difference list! It looks like more Windows users are switching them Symbian
users. The IPhone doesn't give any more ability over a good Symbian phone
like the N95 dash 3.

As far as spead, The IPhone isn't any faster starting programs over a good
Symbian phone. All Nokia phones support Bluetooth and can have 5 or more
devices connected at a time where the IPhone only can support 1 device
connected.

There is no cause to move LoadStone off of Symbian.

Signed: Stephen Giggar
Skype: dr-phone.