[Loadstone] loadstone and symbian OS

Josh jkenn337 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 11 21:06:28 BST 2009

Hello,

I got a great suggestion for loadstone! please stop developing loadstone or symbian! either that or phase it out and move over to apple mac iphone and ipod touch with free VoiceOver!
Why phase out loadstone or symbian and move over to IPod touch and IPhone?
1. no symbian signed.
2. No paying $300 extra for ttalks and mobileSpeak.
3. Every IPhone 3gs and Ipod touch 3rd generation 32gb and 64gb comes with the  free VoiceOver screen reader.
4. IPhone supports bluetooth.
5. IPod touch 3rd generation 32gb and 64gb supports bluetooth. so you could use bluetooth gps receivers with it.
6. Combine loadstone with IPod ttouch maps application and Loadstone just got a billion times better than it is now.
7. Why pay $250 for a new nokia phone and $300 for talks/mobilespeak or a total of $600 for a phone with screen reader and gps when you can pay $300 and get it all?
8. IPhone and IPod's gesture-based screen reader put symbian OS and windows mobile OS to shame!
9. want a keyboard? connect a bluetooth keyboard to the IPod.
10. apple Accessibility said that thanks to my suggestion braille display support is coming for IPhone and IPod touch.
11. IPod and IPhone VoiceOver can speak more  than 20 languages. compare that to paying $400 for a new windows mobile pda, plus $300 for mobilespeak pocket. that's $700 for the whole thing, plus another $800 for mobile geo no $900 sorry about that. Cme on loadstone team please please please make loadstone for the iphone and ipod touch and phase out symbian! The way apple seems to be going is they are making their products into little smart computers or PDAs.Now the ipod has become a little pocket sized computer that you operate with a touch screen. Blind and can't see the screen? easy, go into accessible itunes on your netbook or your mac and turn on your ipod or iphone's voiceOver feature. VoiceOver isthe world's first gesture based screen reader. imagine this.

I'm out on the street and want to go to a restaurant. I take out my IPod touch or iphone 3gs. and bluetooth receiver if needed turn that thing on. turn on ipod with voiceOver. Find and tap the loadstone icon or however it works. loadstone opens. Tjap and find/tap options. flick down to go to database flick right to open it flick through my databases and pinch to load my current zip codes of my city that I got from open streetmap. Now switch to Safari and download over the air directions to a restaurant and put it  in my loadstone import export folder go back and load the checkpoints. start walking. Need more detailed directions? switch to my maps application also accessible with voiceOver and get better directions comparing to te ones loadstone has given me and then I find my way there. I get on a bus and am bored. put on some tunes or write in my notes. Guys this new IPhone and ipod touch is putting symbian and windows mobile OS's to shame! Those touch screen technologies are so well primitive! and the best part is with every IPhone and ipod touch you purchase, you get a free screen reader that works with all applications, even third party apps! oh, and did I mention that all of the games or mostly all of them are accessible with voiceOver?

Josh

Join me on klango at www.klango.net visit and sign my petition at: http://www.petitiononline.com/coda1234/petition.html
and visit my blog at: http://jkenn337.klangoblog.net follow me on twitter at http://www.twitter.com/jkenn337