[Loadstone] Approach time

Shawn Kirkpatrick shawn at loadstone-gps.com
Thu Sep 10 13:12:04 BST 2009

Having announcements trigger when stopped near a point is a bit of a
problem.
This seems to happen because of gps drift so the system thinks you're moving
and recalculates your approach time. I assume this would also happen for
auto announce (I've never even turned this feature on).
The original thinking for auto announce was mainly for if you had a
checkpoint that was far away and you wanted to be periodically notified
about your distance to it. It was more to enhance the approach announcement,
not replace it.