[Loadstone] iblue receivers questions

Kerry Hoath kerry at gotss.net
Fri Oct 30 15:48:10 GMT 2009

Firstly, know that most controls are inactive until a gps receiver is
connected and sending data.
You need to connect the gps receiver, install the driver and insure it is
showing up in device manager as a serial port.
Remember that port number now open gps view. Find the ropdown containing the
com ports and select say com23 or whatever got assigned. Now tab to start.
You'll see a whole pile of fields that will populate showing lat long etc.
You can upload dgps data by hitting the update button. As to setting up
logging, I have not yet experimented with that function yet that is this
weekend's job.

You will know if gps is connected once you see fields updating or buttons
like cold warm and hot become available.

Sadly a Braille display is really useful when doing this stuff that is how I
get buy with changing data.
You of course know that the switch has 3 possitions.
Closest to the edge is off, one clikc across is on/navigation and second
click is log.
Don't put it on log unless you are logging or you'll eventually wear out the
serial eeeprom in the device.

You use gpsview to set logging criteria I believe, based on time, distance
or speed. Pressing the button will log the current point.
The manual is nicely unclear on all this so hopefully this helps a little.
Regards, Kerry.