[Loadstone] @ vs x

Shawn Kirkpatrick shawn at loadstone-gps.com
Thu Oct 29 23:57:35 GMT 2009

The nautical problem has been solved. Unites below 1 nautical mile will be
represented by cables. Units below 1 cable will be represented by fathoms
(the unit below cables).
I'm not sure what to do about the accuracy display, display in fathoms? Not
very accurate but maybe consistant.
The decimal separator is a problem, for loadstone to output propperly to
database and checkpoint files we need the "." to be the seperator. For
output it would be nice to use the seperator of the language in use. This
could be a tricky problem to solve correctly.
Selecting the language at runtime is on the todo list but it's not a high
priority.
I have no idea how to change the input language to be different from the
output language. I've never seen example code of how this is done. If
someone can provide some code to do this then I'll look at putting it in but
this is a very low priority.