[Loadstone] iblue receivers questions

Kerry Hoath kerry at gotss.net
Thu Oct 29 13:09:37 GMT 2009

I have been a loadstone user since December 2006 however the answers to the following questions still escape me.

Firstly, I notice a 10 meter or so difference between a sedio 2010 and a globalsat bt338 verses the sedio 2110.
Anyone else seen this? Anyone want to crunch some logs if I can provide them? points made on the globalsat and the 2010 are 10 meters out when viewed on other receivers I have the sedio 2110, a deluo datalogger using mtk chipset and an iblue 737a+ and 747a+.

I have 3 iblue receivers, 2 737a+ units and a 747 datalogger.
Manual claims you can load differential data to the receiver to shorten time to first fix.
Is this worth doing? I assume it is done by using gpsview and hitting query update although not sure which buttons to hit in what order.
Does gps have to have a fix for this to work? This is possible I can take a netbook outside and have a fix and get access to the net.

Should loadstone show any difference i.e. differential fix, and is uploading ephemeris data even worth the time?

Iblue receivers seem to show more satelites more often however they don't seem to hold on as long as the SiRf3 units I have if they loose a signal it's just gone so you often oscillate between no signal and a fix rapidly at times. Anyone else seen this?

Any other hints on the inblue receivers welcome.
Not sure if I have just done my money on receivers that aren't cool or whether the agps is worth having.
Regards, Kerry.