[Loadstone] @ vs x

Shawn Kirkpatrick shawn at loadstone-gps.com
Thu Oct 29 12:53:50 GMT 2009

I can't seem to find the reference to this but if this is the case then the
@ is still the way to go. The @ character could be replaced with the correct
word for the language in use (and would be the best fit for english). The x
couldn't be replaced since it's a valid character in point names. The @
character is unlikely to show up in a point name. If it did for some reason
then it could be handled on a case by case basis.
Regardless of any of this, the point share and the osm converters are
inconsistant. This situation should be fixed, it's at least one thing that
should be easy to fix.