[Loadstone] New version of the python tools (0.3)

Shawn Kirkpatrick shawn at loadstone-gps.com
Wed Oct 28 22:45:40 GMT 2009

Splitting down that much would probably be unnecessary. Do you really need
all the catagory names? Of course this would be nice to have but using the
name field just makes a mess of things. The break down I would suggest is
one database for intercections and another database for everything else.
Speaking of intercections, I think the osm converters need a correction,
they seem to use " x " to separate the street names. This is inconsistant
with what we've been using on the point share. On point share the street
names are separated by "@" with no spaces. This has a couple advantages,
first it generates a little more gramatically correct output. It will also
be easier to work with if loadstone ever gets any kind of street mode. The
street names are also sorted alphabetically (maybe the osm converters
already do this). This makes it easier if you're doing a search for an
intercection, you know what order to put the street names in.