[Loadstone] New version of the python tools (0.3)

Shawn Kirkpatrick shawn at loadstone-gps.com
Tue Oct 27 21:02:56 GMT 2009

The point's name field should contain exactly that, the point's name.
Remember the name field is only 75 characters long and was never intended to
hold city names, catagories, etc. Adding extra data may also confuse other
users if you upload this to the point share. The best way to break things
down is to have separate databases. How far you go with that is up to you.
Just have your source material broken down when you convert and you'll have
the same effect as if you had all that information in the point name. Also,
if you have information repeating with each point name you'll find the
database will get a lot larger and slower than it needs to be.