[Loadstone] testers required (part 2)

monty at loadstone-gps.com monty at loadstone-gps.com
Mon Oct 26 16:17:55 GMT 2009

Hello All,

Prior to releasing versions of Loadstone GPS, we like to get a few people
with various models of phones to help test the software to make sure it
works properly with a wide range of handsets.  We have used this
development model for the past couple of releases and have noticed that
Loadstone is much more stable because of it.

During the last testing cycle I announced to the testers that we would be
disbanding the old group of testers in favour of a new one.  This is to
ensure we get a group of users that is willing to actively and vigorously
test Loadstone  functionality and report back to the development team with
their findings.  It is not necessary for everyone to have a high degree of
technical knowledge as usability is important no matter what your level
is.

Thanks to all the Symbian Series60 1st Edition handset users who offered to
help test the next release.  Your interest has been noted and you will be
contacted soon.

Now, we are looking for users who would like to help us
test the up coming release  who are using phones with Symbian Series60 2nd
edition. (Symbian V8.X).  Most models of these phones are 4-5
years old now so there won't be too many people using them however we
still like to make sure Loadstone works with them.

Please send me a message off list if you are willing to help test with a
Symbian Series60 2nd edition phone including the model of your phone and
any relevant details relating to what you can bring to the testing PROCESS
- including any pertinent  expertise or various ways you use loadstone
(sailing, flying, hiking, urban travel etc)

We will try and reply to requests but if we do not get back to you, it's
nothing personal and it may mean that we have had an overwhelming number
of offers or that we have enough testers.

Also, in anticipation of questions like "When will the next version of
Loadstone be released?" or "what functions does the next version have?",
the answer is "We don't know but we will let the mailing list know when we
do!"

Please, only contact me if you have a 2nd edition handset or if you need
clarification if you  think you might have.  Wikipedia is a good source of
knowledge when it comes to your mobile phone and it should have
information on your particular handset too.

Thanks,
    Monty