[Loadstone] Problems importing check points!

Jennifer fluffy_bunny_1988 at hotmail.co.uk
Sat Oct 24 01:52:42 BST 2009

Hi. I am a fairly new user to GPS systems. I am trying to import some points (downloaded from the point exchange) in to my existing database, as they are for the city in which i live. I have a Nokia N96 phone and I took the following steppes:

Set the phone to act as "mass storage" when connected to my laptop via USB;

Copied the downloaded checkpoint file to the importexport directory located within the data/other/loadstone directory.

I have checked the directory using the phones file manager and the file is there, however when I try to import it I am only presented with the options

../
and
default

(I am using the "import database" feature from within the database menu.

Is there any reason why this file is not showing up in the list? Do I have to use an additional file manager, rather than the standard one on the nokia phone?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Jen!

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4537 (20091023) __________

http://www.eset.com