[Loadstone] big 2.7gb osm file

Josh jkenn337 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 17 02:31:48 BST 2009

Hi,

I went to

http://downloads.cloudmade.com/

I got the pennsylvania.osm.bz2 which I unzipped to a big 2.8gb .osm file. I then went back through list archives and got the python osm converter tools recently posted to this list. I then went in and increased my virtual memory to 4gb. I'm using jaws10. well I tried converting the huge file, it said parceing. and then it gave an error and aborted. I wonder if the file is just too big? Is there some way to split this osm file into smaller chunks?

Josh

www.satogo.com Get klango at www.klango.net it's free! Get NVDA www.nvda-project.org it's free! Grab Ubuntu at www.ubuntu.com it's free! and www.twitter.com/jkenn337 follow-me-on-twitter.