[Loadstone] New OpenStreetMap converter

Georgina Joyce r2gl at o2.co.uk
Sat Oct 10 15:13:17 BST 2009

Hi

Trying to run revision 32 I get this:

gena at orchid:~/src/loadstonetools$ python osm.py --help
osm.py:31: Warning: 'with' will become a reserved keyword in Python 2.6
  File "osm.py", line 31
    with codecs.open(args[0],"r","utf-8",errors="ignore") as input:
              ^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax

On Sat, 2009-10-10 at 16:31 +0300, Lex wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 09.10.2009 20:45, krecoun пишет:
> > I can't get this program to work for me.
> > When I run cmd and navigate to the folder and type osm.exe --help or
> > osm.exe -help, there appears some messages and it ends allways with
> > no translation for domain loadstone.
> > Do I need python installed to run this? I think, I have one, yes, I
> > have python 2.6 installed.
>
> No, you isn't required to have python. That was my mistake, which i
> fixed recently (thanks Monty for reporting that one). Especially,
> program failed to start because there is not translation for your
> language. Now it will fallback to english.
> You can optain a new version at http://loadstonetools.googlecode.com
>
> p.s. Anybody who wants to translate the program to other languages
> (including amenity types etc) are welcome.

Gena

four kinds of freedom, for the users of the software:

    * The freedom to run the program, for any purpose (freedom 0).
    * The freedom to study how the program works, and adapt it to your
needs (freedom 1). Access to the source code is a precondition for this.
    * The freedom to redistribute copies so you can help your neighbor
(freedom 2).
    * The freedom to improve the program, and release your improvements
to the public, so that the whole community benefits (freedom 3). Access
to the source code is a precondition for this.

Richard Matthew Stallman