[Loadstone] New OpenStreetMap converter

Georgina Joyce r2gl at o2.co.uk
Fri Oct 2 22:50:53 BST 2009

Hi

I've checked out these packages but I've never worked at this level with
python.  I have a loadstonetools directory which contains a directory
called loadstone which appears to hold the tools as there are names like
osmconverter.py. I tried using them like a bash script
i.e. ./osmconverter.py but no that wasn't the way so I tried python
osmconverter.py but it complained that there was no module named lxml.
Is this a python dependency?  How should I run these python tools?

I'm using a debian testing system.

Thanks.

Gena

On Wed, 2009-09-23 at 19:06 +0300, Lex wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've developed a set of tools for loadstone in python which includes
> reprocessor and osm converter.
> The reprocessor can check errors not only in point table but for whole
> database.
> Converter is more interesting: It can process 15 mb file in atleast 10
> seconds. It's incredibly fast compared to that written in PHP. Besides
> that it can put localized amenity names in your native language, and has
> ability to define what tags you want to be considered as point name: for
> example, passing -Nname:fr in command-line will mean that you prefer
> names in french. So converter will try to extract them instead of
> default names, if possible.
> And of course, you don't need any web server to run all of this.
>
> Both tools have a console interface. There is no documentation at the
> moment, but you can pass --help in command line to get a list of
> recognized options with their descriptions.
>
> Project is open-source, so feel free to contribute in any manner. For
> example, you can translate the apps in your native language.
>
> It is hosted at
> http://loadstonetools.googlecode.com
>
> i've built a binary version for windows, you can find it in "download"
> section.
>
> p.s. sorry for my english :-)
Gena

four kinds of freedom, for the users of the software:

    * The freedom to run the program, for any purpose (freedom 0).
    * The freedom to study how the program works, and adapt it to your
needs (freedom 1). Access to the source code is a precondition for this.
    * The freedom to redistribute copies so you can help your neighbor
(freedom 2).
    * The freedom to improve the program, and release your improvements
to the public, so that the whole community benefits (freedom 3). Access
to the source code is a precondition for this.

Richard Matthew Stallman