[Loadstone] downloading big osm files

Lex lex at progger.ru
Fri Nov 20 14:36:15 GMT 2009

Hi,

19.11.2009 16:23, Josh пишет:
> I downloaded the 2.5gb Pennsylvania.osm file from the cloudmaid site. When I tried converting it using the newest latest python osm tools, it got stuck and said error in line somthing unsubscriptable object or something like that and exited the converter program. Maybe a 2.5 or so 2.5gb file is just way too big? the osm file came in a 136mb .bz2 file which I unzipped to reveal the pennsylvania.osm file.

No, problem is that there was some data missing in that file to
construct one of the points. In current code converter will just inform
you about that situation and then continue the conversion. I haven't
released that yet. However, you can access the latest source code from svn.

Anyway, why you need such a big file in your phone?