[Loadstone] downloading map files merrissa from new york

Josh jkenn337 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 17 12:43:49 GMT 2009

Hello,

Here is how to download map files.
step 1. go to www.loadstone-gps.com press enter on tools and resources link, then in the new page hit enter on open the geocoder.
step 2. in the email address field enter your email address.
step 3. let the house number field blank. move onto the address field enter your address like: 222 south hamdonn road
step 4. move on and fill out the post code field like zip code 18828.
step 5. fill in the city/town field, in the combo box pick your country as United States. in the enter side of box in km field enter 99. then hit submit button.
step 6. on the next page hit enter on the first link says something like, download osm via direct download. so download it, make a folder on your computer I have mine in the root of the c: drive in c:\loadstonetools that is what I call my folder, you'll see why, later.
step 7. got the osm file downloaded? good. now go to:
http://loadstonetools.googlecode.com/files/loadstonetools-2009-10-23-1.exe

download and save that file. now run the .exe file. tell it to put the files into c:\loadstonetools .
step 8. now download these two files.

http://www.grzezlo.wuub.net/mklsdb.zip

http://garawaa.googlepages.com/dbshell.zip

step 9. unzip both of those files directly into loadstonetools folder.
step 10. you will see a folder in your loadstonetools folder called dbshell, hit enter on it. then you will see some files, hit control a to select all, control x to cut them, backspace to back out and back into the loadstonetools folder, then control v to paste them. now delete the dbshell folder with shift delete, then hit spaceBar on the yes button.

step 11. lets assume you have your data.osm in c:\loadstonetools folder. go to the run dialog with windows key r. that means hold down the windows key, press r, and release both keys. In the run box, type cmd and press enter. c as in charly m as in mike d as in delta.
step 12. now you're at the command prompt. so type cls and hit enter to clear the screen.
step 13. now type exactly as written.
cd\loadstonetools
osm data.osm newYorkMaps.txt

it'll ask for your email address so type that in and hit enter.
step 14. wait awhile until it says:
writing output: work took 30 some minutes and 30 some seconds: c:\loadstonetools\>
c:\loadstonetools\>
step 15. now type exactly as written.
mklsdb NewYorkMaps.txt
hit enter

jaws will say, opening file now what it's doing is importing your text file into a loadstone database so give it awhile. when you hear c:\loadstonetools\> it is done.
step 15. at this point your loadstone database is in c:\loadstonetools\ folder in a file called ls.db. so type exactly as written followed by enter:
exit
enter
step 16. great now you should be back at the deskktop. now go into your c:\loadstonetools\ folder and find ls.db. rename it to newYorkMaps, don't worry about an extension it does not need an extension such as .db or whatever just call it new york maps. to rename the file, point to it with arrow keys, hit applications key or hift f10 go up to rename type the new name and hit enter.
step 17. now just copy your database back it up somewhere in a folder on your hard drive where you keeps loadstone maps and points of interest. and also paste a copy of that file in your loadstone databases folder on the phone itself. Congratulations your maps are installed now and ready for use! hmmm, perhaps someone should make a copy of my step-by step instructions for inclusion in a part of the loadstone documentations?

Josh

My email address is: jkenn337 at gmail.com . www.satogo.com Get klango at www.klango.net it's free! Get NVDA www.nvda-project.org it's free! Grab Ubuntu at www.ubuntu.com it's free! and www.twitter.com/jkenn337 follow-me-on-twitter.