[Loadstone] Groute - google route generator for Loadstone

Shawn Kirkpatrick shawn at loadstone-gps.com
Thu Nov 5 12:50:59 GMT 2009

I have to say this is a pretty good start for a route generator. The test
route I tried did work and was correct. The only problem I noticed is
there's a strange graphic character in the loadstone output between the
number
and the unit. For example 30 m comes out as 30(graphic character)m.
I'm not sure if the script is checking the length of the name and comment
fields but it should, 75 characters maximum on both.
There should be some instructions explaining what format the address should
be in. I tried going between two addresses and the script returned an error,
something about an undefined value for foreach. When I tried it using
coordinates it worked.
The next version of loadstone will have mime headers on its files to
identify there type. The first line of your output checkpoints file should
be:
#!lscp
This will allow loadstone to automatically recognize it and do the right
thing. Older versions of loadstone will treat this line as a comment and
ignore it so it's safe to put in.
The one question I have is is this tool legal for public use? Does letting
the general public use it violate the google terms of use? I hope not
because this will be a very valuable tool once all the kinks have been
worked out.