[Loadstone] self-voiceing loadstone

Jim Ruby jim at blindsea.com
Tue Nov 3 22:49:28 GMT 2009

Sell them talks too.

-----Original Message-----
From: loadstone-bounces at loadstone-gps.com
[mailto:loadstone-bounces at loadstone-gps.com] On Behalf Of Josh
Sent: Tuesday, November 03, 2009 2:53 PM
To: Gianfranco Giudice
Cc: loadstone gps
Subject: Re: [Loadstone] self-voiceing loadstone

so if loadstone were self-voiceing then I could sell people phones and gps
receivers all set up and ready to go with their requested maps and points of
interest already installed imported and ready to go. That is why I would
like loadstone to be self-voiceing. The knfb reader is self-voiceing. If I
gave people cracked coppies of talks I would get in trouble with Nuance.
Currently people need a screen reader to use loadstone and if loadstone
talked by itself the $300 screen reader would not be necessary. I do not
want to sell loadstone, I want to sell people the phone plus gps receiver
all set up and ready to go with requested maps and pois databases. But the
$300 priceof talks adds $300 to the cost of gps for blind people. If this
$300 could be eliminated somehow that would be wonderful and it would drive
down the cost of gps even more.

Josh

send email to myself at jkenn337 at gmail.com www.satogo.com Get klango at
www.klango.net it's free! Get NVDA www.nvda-project.org it's free! Grab