[Loadstone] self-voiceing loadstone

monty at loadstone-gps.com monty at loadstone-gps.com
Tue Nov 3 20:55:48 GMT 2009

Products generally follow the laws of supply and demand plus competition.

If enough people are willing to buy a product at a certain price then
that's what the product will sell for.  I personally think people have a
right to sell a product for as much as they feel they can get for it
without exploitation.  It's called motivation!  If screen reader
developers didn't have motivation we wouldn't have screen readers!

In the software world we have something called open-source.  It means you
can develop something and make it freely available for others to use.  In
my opinion this concept negates people's ability to complain about the
cost of software because with some motivation of your own you can design
free software.  It works, trust me that's what we did!

There's those who "do" and those who want it "done for them" but I
digress!

Monty