[Loadstone] A possible code for .gpx and OSM in Loadstone

Shawn Kirkpatrick shawn at loadstone-gps.com
Mon Nov 2 13:35:08 GMT 2009

In order to do these geocoder functions we don't need osm code on the phone.
There would just need to be tools on the loadstone site that would handle
the result conversion and send the propper format back to loadstone. That
way we could implement use of more or different sites as needed without
having to change loadstone itself. We're already playing around with this in
a very limited way in the development version of loadstone. It remains to
bee seen as to what if any of this makes it in to the next release version.
It's also a bit unclear as to what services we can use freely and what ones
have specific terms of use.