[Loadstone] A possible code for .gpx and OSM in Loadstone

Przemysław Rogalski Rogalski at o2.pl
Mon Nov 2 10:44:14 GMT 2009

i don't expect a phone to convert .osm files into Loadstone database.
I was thinking about a possibility of implementing Geocoder (either from Google or/and OSM), in a similar fashion as it is in Wayfinder Access; I mean, instead of visiting websites, downloading, extracting and importing a point, you could enter street name, house number, city name and country directly from the Loadstone program, then you could quickly check, lock or save (import) such point.
I was also thinking about a reverse geocoding, where, from the "Position" menu, you could check your current position in Google and/or OSM, to find out where you are.
That is similar to "Where am I" function of WFA.
Of course, I am aware of the limitation = one point per 30 seconds.
Anyway, thanks to those options, Loadstone had more accurate data than WFA (at least for Poland); what's more, access to such data (and, of course, navigation as such) would be much faster.