[Loadstone] Help to purchase GPS receiver.

mahesh.khosla mahesh.khosla at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 10:38:17 GMT 2009

    Hello friends.
I have just started to create osm map for my city.
I got two GPS receivers from my friend for this purpose and one i want to
purchase  for my self.
Which receiver should i purchase?
Please give me answers for my questions.

1. I have two GPs receivers with 20 channel support, I have seen a GPS
receiver with 32 channel support and one friend suggested me "QStarz
BT-Q818X
66 Channel Extreme Performance GPS Receiver with AGps" from talknav.com,
this GPS has 66 channel.
does channel means more accuracy?
2. One GPS i m using this time has data-logging feature.
all GPS receivers has this feature or not?
The function "startLogging" in loadstone is the same or not?
3. For more accuracy Which is the main thing to notice while buying a
receiver?
Give me suggestions.