[Loadstone] Viewing a route

Przemysław Rogalski Rogalski at o2.pl
Sun May 31 00:18:35 BST 2009

OK, I was thinking of Google Maps, because - in contrary to OSM - points from GeoCoder include house numbers and city names, and they are more accurate.
But of course, for viewing a route taken from NMEA file, OpenStreetMapa would be a good solution, especially if you need some info about crossings.
If I understood it correctly, NMEA files should preferably be converted into GPX format.
There is:
http://www.gpsvisualizer.com/
or
http://richard.dev.openstreetmap.org/upload.cgi
I downloaded a program called JOSM:
http://josm.openstreetmap.de/download/josm-latest.jar
but can't read out all the messages.
Are these links useful for transforming NMEA into a descriptive route?
Or I should use different methods?
Thanks for any help and suggestions.
Przemyslaw