[Loadstone] Viewing a route

Rob Melchers rob at loadstone-gps.com
Thu May 28 21:43:33 BST 2009

To make use of the Google geoservices you have to obtain a user key wich is
bound to your Google account. Using this key means that you agree with the
Google terms and conditions. These terms do not allow batch processing of
large datasets and requesting data via the web is limited. Although
tecnically possible we therefore can not offer this kind of service.

Running a NMEA.LOG file through the Breadcrumb Generator results in a
Loadstone database with numbered points. It is possible to compare these
points with the points in an existing Loadstone text database and replace
the numbers with the names in the database. To provide this service is
possible for a small number of points.

See below for the Google terms and conditions.

Rob

http://code.google.com/apis/maps/terms.html

You may not:
10.6 use the Service in a manner that gives you or any other person access
to mass downloads or bulk feeds of any Content, including but not limited to
numerical latitude or longitude coordinates, imagery, and visible map data;
10.11 offer a batch geocoding service that uses Content contained in any
Google Services;

http://code.google.com/apis/maps/faq.html#geocoder_limit

If more than 15,000 geocode requests in a 24 hour period are received from
a single IP address, or geocode requests are submitted from a single IP
address at too fast a rate, the Google Maps API geocoder will begin
responding with a status code of 620. If excessive geocoder usage
continues, access to the Google Maps API geocoder from this IP address may
be blocked permanently.