[Loadstone] Wondering what good ways are to get points of interest

Jerry Matheny starnoble at gmail.com
Sat May 23 07:22:51 BST 2009

Hello list,

I've kinda been interested into Loadstone for the past year now, but only
recently have gotten a decent enough phone to use it fairly quickly. But
what I'm wondering is this. Are there any easy ways to determine what's near
by so I can add all the points to my database so I can have the next best
thing to products like WayFinder Access and Mobile Geo? I know I can look up
some location in like a yellow pages or something and get the longitude and
latitude for it to get a location that way, but I have to look up something
specific to do that. Are there any other ways to do it? I am in Salt Lake
City, Utah, if anyone can give me any suggestions to help me get into things
better.

Oh, I did download the database for my area from the Point Share Exchange,
but it seems to be just the streets. No local places of business or
anything.

Anyway, think that's about all I have for now. If anyone can give me any
suggestions it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Jerry