[Loadstone] Yet another new member

monty at loadstone-gps.com monty at loadstone-gps.com
Fri May 22 09:55:14 BST 2009

Hello Hrvoje,

Off the top of my head I can't think of any users on the mailing list who
live in Croatia but that's not to say their isn't one or more users who do
since most Loadstone GPS users aren't subscribed to the mailing list.

What that means is that you'll likely need to create points yourself -
either by marking points of interest while at various locations or by
gathering points from other sources on the web.

In it's simplest form, Loadstone is great at helping you revisit or
relocate a location you've already been to as once it's saved you can
always find it again.  In fact, without a GPS receiver it can be
semi-useful as well since you have the ability to label/save mobile masts
(cell towers) to give you a rough idea on where you are.  Especially
useful on trains etc.  (For North American's, cell towers in Europe are
often just a few hundered metres apart as aposed to the up to 10 KM in
North America)

Best regards,
   Monty