[Loadstone] Download large areas from OSM

Lulu-Ann at gmx.de Lulu-Ann at gmx.de
Tue May 19 18:07:03 BST 2009

Hi Josh!

> From: "Josh" <jkenn337 at gmail.com>
> Hi,
>
> I am the person who made the loadstone podcast. I plan on makeing yet
> another one now that I know more about loadstone.
> Hey it would also be cool if there were a script that would take a plain
> text file full of United States zip codes run them through the geocoder one
> zip codeper minute and automatically export download the osm files and then
> run the osm files through the offline tools, and then ask for confirmation
> of the deletion of the osm files so we could then make the computer
> automatically get big areas for us in abunch of osm files that we could build or
> import into custom databases.
> not sure if this is even possible or if it could somehow be applied to
> other countries or not though but it may possibly work in the united states at
> least?
>
> Josh

As OSM supports post codes already I don't see a need or a script and a text file.
If you want to download a bigger area from OSM, you can download the planet.osm file or the us.osm.

Regards
Lulu-Ann
--
Neu: GMX FreeDSL Komplettanschluss mit DSL 6.000 Flatrate + Telefonanschluss für nur 17,95 Euro/mtl.!* http://dslspecial.gmx.de/freedsl-surfflat/?ac=OM.AD.PD003K11308T4569a