[Loadstone] gps receivers

Rob Melchers rob at loadstone-gps.com
Tue May 19 17:00:02 BST 2009

Speed deviation as reported in the NMEA log analyzer is the difference
between receiver reported speed and calculated speed (software speed=on in
LS). Actual speed deviation only can be measured in test conditions that
assure constant speed and accurate speed measurement. The deviation as
mentioned first (receiver vs calculated) for most receivers so far tested
lies between 0.5 and 1.5 KM/H. The I-Blue737a+ receiver reports as follows:

Speed diviation: 1.37 KM/H (average speed=2.5 KM/H, differential fix)
Speed diviation: 2.13 KM/H (average speed=35 KM/H, differential fix)
Speed diviation: 1.03 KM/H (average speed=3.0 KM/H, no differential fix)

Rob