[Loadstone] walking with loadstone

Kate Harrington kathrynharrington at btinternet.com
Sat May 2 22:35:19 BST 2009

Hi List,

I've just joined this list, and have recently downloaded Loadstone to my mobile.

If there is some documentation I can look at that will answer the following questions and more, please let me know what and where.

I don't know anything about using a GPS system, I've looked at the manual but don't understand it.

First of all, can you tell me the ways I can use Loadstone before I get a Bluetooth receiver? I've named the mobile phone mast that it detects, and I've put in my home as a point. Can I ask it to direct me towards the mast without the receiver? When I tried it told me that no starting point had been defined - how do I define one?

Does anyone in the UK use Loadstone? Are there maps on Loadstone site for places in the UK.

What are the databases for, what are the checkpoints for?

Thanks for any help.        Kate