[Loadstone] geocoder & openstreetmap

Rob Melchers rob at loadstone-gps.com
Sat May 2 11:37:20 BST 2009

Both the XAPI 0.6 and informationsfreeway are still pretty unstable at this
moment. I'm monitoring it on a weekly basis and as soon as the OSM people
have the bandwith problems sorted out I will return to the direct download
possibility. For the on-line service we have to consider the limited
filesize of the LS server and as known a .osm XML file only contains 5%
usable data for the LS database, so we need some kind of control of the XML
size file that is offered for download.

Rob