[Loadstone] Wass announcement.

Kerry and Gemma Hoath kerryandgemma at gotss.net
Mon Mar 30 00:53:08 BST 2009

A 3 dimentional differential fix is one that uses Waas.

I have a SiRF3 chipset and get a message in Australia stating "3 dimentional
gps fix." We have no Waas therefore the word differential is missing from
this sentence.
If you think about how Waas works it uses diferential information to
increase accuracy.
You do have a Waas fix, end of story.
We can't say 3 dimentional waas fix as the european system is called ecnos,
and perhaps
3 dimentional differential waas/ecnos fix is a bit long winded.

3 dimentional gps fix is no waas present.
3 dimentional differential gps fix is waas present.
Regards, Kerry.