[Loadstone] Assisted GPS and data usage

Stephen Giggar sgiggar at sbcglobal.net
Wed Mar 25 23:31:27 GMT 2009

You Also have to keep in mind there is something called Network based that
does use a internet connection to get infromation to get a fix faster. So if
you have AGPS turned on and Network based turned off! The network isn't used
and maybe the phone uses a built in database based on area codes to speed up
connection time? So at that point, no internet is used.

Yes it help if people put the AGPS in upper case so that at least JAWS will
then spell it. I do not know if Window Eyes will or not.

Any data connection being made will show up in the LOG details after all,
the cell provider will want to show that you used it. So yes I think my test
did prove something.

Signed: Stephen Giggar
Skype: dr-phone.