[Loadstone] Assisted GPS and data usage

Charlie charlie at loadstone-gps.com
Wed Mar 25 19:15:04 GMT 2009

Stephen Giggar <sgiggar at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> No AGPS doesn't use any data on the phone. It will work regardless if
> there is a sin card in the phone or not.

That's wrong - if you talk about an internal GPS.

> I did a test where i solde out the sin cards on my phones that had AGPS
> and then started load stone and all of them worked with no data being
> sent from the phone to any ware.

To any ware?!? What the heck do you mean?
If there's no data traffic, there also is no aGPS. It's only plain GPS
without any assistance in this case.

Sorry, but I'm afraid, you really can't understand your test results due to
lack of competence in case of aGPS...

Bert