[Loadstone] GPS log file

Rob Melchers rob at loadstone-gps.com
Tue Mar 24 09:12:35 GMT 2009

The Loadstone NMEA log is a realtime copy of the data as received from the
connected receiver. Most receivers send a block of NMEA sentences once per
second. These blocks contain at least the $GPGGA, $GPRMC and $GPGSV
sentences, so the position data is sent twice per second. An example of
processing these files can be found in the Breadcrumb generator on the
tools page on the LS website. In the next version of Loadstone the NMEA
logs can be given an individual name.

Rob