[Loadstone] A suggestion

Rob Melchers rob at loadstone-gps.com
Sat Mar 14 18:46:00 GMT 2009

You start the recording of a nmea.log by going to 'Options/GPS' and press
the select button on 'Start loggin' or your language equivalent. The option
changes to 'Stop loggin'. When you select this option after you have done
the trip the nmea.log file is stored in the root directory of the Loadstone
installation directory on your phone, or appended to an existing nmea.log
file. A nmea.log file starts with a 'log opened...' message and ends with a
'log closed...' message. If needed isolate the last entry and save it to a
seperate file after you have transferred it to a computer.

Go to the LS website, select tools/breadcrumb generator, provide the
nmea.log file and select the options you want (for a hike an interval of 16
seconds, accuracy within 24 meters and include turns above 20 degrees).
Submit the file and download the resulting database. Rename the database
file as you wish. If you want you may continue to create checklists with
directional comments (turn left, 10 o'clock etc.) and also save these files
under recognizable names.

Send these files back to the phone, import the database and place the
checklists in the checklist directory of the Loadstone installation
directory. The recorded route is now available for use.

In a future edition of Loadstone we hope to make this all a bit simpler.

Rob