[Loadstone] Haptic compass etc.

Jacob Kruger jacobk at iburst.co.za
Sat Mar 14 17:39:23 GMT 2009

If you check out this page, it's a write up relating to a haptic compass
that I think vibrates to let you know if facing north or something:
http://www.engadget.com/2009/02/09/haptic-compass-gives-you-sense-of-direction-not-style/

Just wondering if something like it could be of any use in loadstone, or
maybe rather something like just a form of immediate vibration or something
if you are no longer heading towards your next check point or something -
who knows...

I do know that pressing the number 1 key while in navigation mode will tell
you the compass direction you're travelling in, and that pressing the
selection key tells you the heading/distance of the next checkpoint, but if
walking in the outside world, you might not want to/be able to get to/use
the phone manually as such all the time, and while it does also
automatically tell you every now and then, and more often when closer, it's
just a thought.

Stay well

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker