[Loadstone] N82 and Nokia maps

Jacob Kruger jacobk at iburst.co.za
Wed Mar 11 07:54:05 GMT 2009

Ok, apart from being able to retrieve coordinates from the Nokia maps
software on the N82, I see it's nokia maps software also has an 'on foot'
navigation mode, for interests sakewhere I think it's a little more related
to specific distances, but where it still sort of seems to tell you things
like turn left at end of road, and then just tells you that you've arrived
at the destination, without actually telling you where it is if I test a
pseudo route using the navigation simulation.

Anyway, just means that if you didn't have an area populated in loadstone's
own database, and maybe only had things like specific places marked or
something, it might still help, and while haven't tested it along with my
dog yet, it might help a bit if I get lost, but I would still definitely use
loadstone to navigate me directly to various points and am still marking
corners/landmarks within loadstone on the new routes me and the dog are now
looking into, including one or two sort of virtual kerbs where I need to
know to look out for something that can't be felt as such, so while the dog
is supposed to know about these places, it's still good to just at least
have confirmation of sorts.

Also, one of my other main reasons I prefer loadstone is that in places like
campsites/large parking areas/campus areas, I can still mark off points of
interest, and it'll help me navigate there using clockface etc., but it's
just nice to sometimes have access to street maps etc. via nokia maps since
I really haven't populated my area enough with more than
suburbs/towns/natural landmarks via pointshare (with some help) apart from
points on my newish routes.

Stay well

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker