[Loadstone] N82 internal receiver

monty at loadstone-gps.com monty at loadstone-gps.com
Mon Mar 9 10:00:35 GMT 2009

Hi Angela,

I'm guessing you're likely to get a wide range of opinions regarding what
handset between the N82 and N95-8gb handsets are most suitable for the
KNFB Reader and GPS navigation.

Regarding the physical attributes of the phones, I believe the N82 is
slightly smaller and lighter.  It also does not have the slide so fewer
moving parts.  The camera also has a protected lens..

Regarding the internal GPS receivers, the N82 is supposed to have a
slightly better receiver though for best results you would definitely
still want to get/use an external bluetooth receiver.

In terms of the KNFB Reader, the N82 has a Zenon flash which may produce a
slightly sharper image that may produce better results with OCR software.

The N82 has been discontinued so it is more difficult to find but many
suppliers still have them around. (Ebay too)

Maybe others have thoughts on this matter.

Monty