[Loadstone] accuracy loadstone

Kerry and Gemma Hoath kerryandgemma at gotss.net
Mon Mar 9 04:16:09 GMT 2009

If you have no bluetooth receiver and you have a nokia 3650, then you are
using cell towers only to navigate, these can be separated by 2-3
killometers and not worth using for close in navigation.

Usually I get an accuracy of 10 meters with my N70 and external receiver,
this would make picking bus stops out easy enough.

Loadstone won't tell you how to get from point A to point b, it is an
orientation aid not an in-car navigation solution.
It will tell you what points you are passing (assuming you have marked some
points or have some from the pointshare exchange or another source)

and it will tell you what points you are aproaching.
Swimming pool bus stop 200 meters at 12 o'clock might indeed tell you it is
time to press the bell.

You can be surrounded by points, and loadstone can tell you what is around
you but it won't tell you where to go.
You can use the bread crum generator to record a route and extract points
numbering them so you can get an idea of a route, chained points and routes
will go into a future loadstone if the community and coders can figure out
the best way to implement these features.
in-car gps works because people drive on roads most of the time and it is
easy enough to route-plan these roads.

Regards, Kerry.