[Loadstone] Holux M1000 and N82

Vetrivel Adhimoolam vadhimoolam at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 21:24:42 GMT 2009

Hi all,

After I transitioned from N72 to N82, I see significant improvement in terms
of point announcements. So perhaps the processer of one's handset along with
other external conditions seem to play a predominant role in determining
efficiency. For example, the second edition phones like N72 do not interrupt
the sound in order to announce a particular approaching point, whereas one
is most likely to get the nearest point info with third edition phones like
the N82 and it does the amazing job of interrupting the sound in order to
make the nearest approaching point. Also because of the excessive available
internal memory about 100 MB, tasks such as point search, show area etc are
really faster than phones like N72 which hardly have 18 MB internal memory.
I haven't yet tried out with the SD card as to see if there are much
improvements, but the internal memory itself seems to be working great.

Vetri.