[Loadstone] Loadstone and Holux 236

Vetrivel Adhimoolam vadhimoolam at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 20:41:16 GMT 2009

The announcement of speed seems very strange indeed and perhaps the
developers could comment on that. But as for as the delay in signal is
concern, I follow certain methods to receive signal when I need it. For
example, If I am about to step out of my apt for a trip to my work or
school, I turn-on my receiver few minutes before and place it on my windows
so that It will download the necessary almanac and thus I will have
uninterrupted signal while walking. But of course I will not get signal ones
I am on the subway and sometimes I will be under clear sky only after 30-40
minutes. So if the receiver is on for that long without signal, it indeed
can take some time to regain the signal. So In that context I turn-off and
on a few minutes before coming out of the station and as wonder, it has
worked for me so for and of course except some bad weather situations. For
example, a snowy  or rainy weather condition can sometimes can have an
impact there by one may have extensive delay in receiving signals. Also
there could be problems on the satellites themselves and henceforth it is
difficult to avoid such errors in terms of point announcements and so on.

Vetri.