[Loadstone] Openstreetmap

Cearbhall O'Meadhra cearbhall.omeadhra at idd.ie
Tue Jun 30 15:29:45 BST 2009

Hi V,

If you have the maps themselves I will be happy to take a look at them and
see if they can be used. If they are locked into a Garmin program then you
may not be able to do anything with them as this is to protect the Garmin
product. However, if you have extracted them into any format I will take a
look at them and advise if they can be converted.

If you download an OSM map for your entire area - my last one had over 30,00
entries! The entire file can be converted and then you can select the points
that you want more easily. I can appreciate that extracting each point from
the OSM and other services would e very tedious and is not worth the effort.
These files are very big and it is hard to extract the points one at a time.
After conversion each entry is reduced to only nine fields and then it is
easier to manage the points individually.

Let me know what you want to do.

All the best,

Cearbhall
Good design enables - Bad design disables

T:(01) 2864623 M: 083 33 234 87 E: cearbhall.omeadhra at idd.ie