[Loadstone] OpenStreetMap Data Download URL

Colin McDonald colinm27 at telus.net
Sun Jun 28 15:27:50 BST 2009

thanks very much for the assistance.
i've got loadstone working now.
regards
Colin
----- Original Message -----
From: <Lulu-Ann at gmx.de>
To: <loadstone at loadstone-gps.com>
Sent: Friday, June 26, 2009 6:37 PM
Subject: [Loadstone] OpenStreetMap Data Download URL

Hi Colin,

> i found that it was an error on my part.
> I was able to download,or export, the edmonton map.
> however, its over 14MB, so out of the question for the OSM converter on
> the
> loadstone sight.
> I found the URL by googling "OSM for edmonton alberta"
> it's from the main OSM website
> www.openstreetmap.org

This is not the complete URL.
If you are on www.openstreetmap.org, you go to the search and enter
"Edmonton, Alberta". You can reach after many times pressing the tab key the

http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=53.5346&lon=-113.506&zoom=13&layers=B000FTF

Note, that there are the coordinates of Edmonton and the zoom level included
now.
If you choose "Export" with the option "OpenStreetMap XML Data", and then
press the button "Export", you will get a 2.1 MB file for the loadstone
comverter.
If the file is too big, choose a greater value for the zoom in the URL,
18 is maximum.
If you want a bigger area, you can download another area by searching for a
street, example: "Stadium RD near Edmonton".
You can repeat the whole data import to loadstone several times, double
points of interest that occur when the areas overlap will be ignored.

Regards
Lulu-Ann