[Loadstone] New user & checkpoint question

Rob Melchers rob at loadstone-gps.com
Mon Jun 22 09:36:27 BST 2009

 From 'Getting Started' part 2:
"Even without creating a list of checkpoints you can already use the points
in the database to navigate by. Moving the joystick will tell you the
nearest points that surround you in four directions. Noting the heading you
should be able to navigate to a point of your choice. However, points are
not automatically announced when you approach them, the 'Use Checkpoints
Only' option is not available and if there would be points in the database
that you don't need on your way they might be announced as well. Creating a
'list of checkpoints' activates the above mentioned options in the menu,
excludes other points and allows you to save this list as a unique set of
records for later use."

Checking an entire database is not possible because limitations of the
currently used database engine. With the 'Database Explorer' tool on the
tools page you can generate a list of maximum a thousand checkpoints.
Larger lists of checkpoints tend to lock the program.

Rob