[Loadstone] Implementing Breadcrumb Generator

Shawn Kirkpatrick shawn at loadstone-gps.com
Fri Jun 19 00:53:22 BST 2009

Hello Lex.
I am one of the Loadstone developers. We do have a beta testers list that we
release beta versions to. We don't release alphas/betas to the general
public mainly because of symbian signing. To make a public release costs us
money so when we do that we want to be sure it's something most people will
be able to use. If symbian hadn't put this signing process in the way we'd
be able to release beta versions as frequently as needed.
Of course, people are free to download and compile the source code if they
wish. There's documentation on how to do that under linux and the
documentation on how to compile under windows comes with the symbian sdk.
Installing multiple sdks under windows may not be easy thoe and I'm not sure
if there's documentation on this.
There probably should be a link to the svn repository on the main site. Svn
access is a rather new addition. The link is: svn.loadstone-gps.com and you
can navigate to the various repositories from there.
The development process isn't closed but managed. We really haven't had much
response from interested developers so we haven't done much work on
streamlining the process for new developers. Of course we welcome any new
developers who are interested in helping with the project.