[Loadstone] Implementing Breadcrumb Generator

monty at loadstone-gps.com monty at loadstone-gps.com
Thu Jun 18 14:31:25 BST 2009

Hello,

I'll chime in here since I conceived and designed the function theory.

There are a few situations where this function may prove to be useful.

If you would like to retrace a trip after the fact you can.  Let's say you
wanted to see the heading, speed or what points you passed when to
possibly review a route and familiarise yourself with it when not in
real-time.  Another example is if you created a log on a flight you might
want to check out the flight plan later.

Another potential use is if your external GPS receiver battery dies.  If
you have a log of lets say a train journey which generally follows a
consistant speed, you could replay the journey in real-time and be fairly
sure of where you are along the way.
Maybe not a "life-saving" function but useful non-the-less!

Monty